Internship, Fellowship & Scholarship Opportunities
Scholarship for Women Studying Information Security
- Since 2011, ACSA has provided scholarships to women studying for their Bachelors and Masters degrees in fields relating to information security. These $5000 to $10,000 scholarships provide assistance to women at formative stages of their careers.
The Symantec Research Labs Graduate Fellowship
- A key goal of the program is to fund innovative research that has real-world value, in areas where Symantec conducts business.
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) Summer Internships
- With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust educational assistance program, APL promotes a culture of lifelong learning.
MIT Lincoln Library Summer Research Program
- Each summer, the Laboratory offers undergraduate and graduate students the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a leading-edge research environment.
National Research Council of the National Academies
- The NRC Research Associateship Programs (RAP) promote excellence in scientific and technological research conducted by the U.S. government through the administration of programs offering graduate, postdoctoral, and senior level research opportunities at sponsoring federal laboratories and affiliated institutions.
Women in Science Project Internships
- The WISP Research Internship Program, established in 1991, matches undergraduate women with faculty mentors in paid, part-time research internships in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
National Security Agency Student Programs
- The NSA offers internships, scholarships, a co-op program and more.
National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
- The NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program recognizes and supports outstanding graduate students in NSF-supported science, technology, engineering, and mathematics disciplines who are pursuing research-based master's and doctoral degrees.
East Asia and Pacific Summer Institutes for U.S. Graduate Students (EAPSI)
- An EAPSI award provides U.S. graduate students in science, engineering, and education: 1) first-hand research experiences in Australia, China, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Singapore, or Taiwan; 2) an introduction to the science, science policy, and scientific infrastructure of the respective location; and 3) an orientation to the society, culture, and language.
National Institute of Standards and Technology, Computer Security Division
- NIST provides internship and grant opportunities to graduate students and postdocs. They are offered on an ad hoc basis, with no formal application process.
USENIX Jobs Board
- The USENIX Association offers internships to students.